Landscapes of the Canadian Maritimes (Summer 2019)
Landscapes Of The Canadian Maritimes (Summer 2019)
A mix of colourful harbours and sweeping coastlines, this nautical trip allows you to recharge by the sea as you take in some of Canada’s iconic maritime history. From learning about the tradition of fabric milling in Baddeck to discovering the picturesque village of Peggy’s Cove, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and take in the sea air, as you make your way through Canada’s Eastern Maritime provinces.
- Halifax: Enjoy a special Highlight Dinner of local seafood at one of the city’s best local restaurants, The Restaurant at Five Fishermen.
- Shediac Bay: Enjoy a fisherman’s lobster feast and Highlight Lunch, as you cruise the waters of the bay, taking in the scenery and warm Acadian hospitality.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner par excellence, featuring Digby’s famous scallops.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) 1 Lunch with wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Lunenburg: Join a Local Expert for an exploration of this eclectic port city and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic.
- Halifax: At the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, your Local Expert will enthral you with tales of key historical events, including the Halifax Explosion and the ill-fated Titanic.
- Truro: Discover Mi’kmaq heritage and Glooscap legend through the spoken word and song when you interact with a member of the First Nations Community.
- Baddeck: Go behind-the-scenes with a Local Expert to unravel the stories behind one of history’s most influential members at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site.
- Shediac Bay: Join a lobster fisherman aboard his boat before a fresh lobster lunch is served.
- Annapolis Royal: With your Local Expert, a costumed interpreter, visit the scenic National Historic District and learn about the cultural heritage of Annapolis Royal.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman who will tell you about life fishing one of the region’s key delicacies, before sitting down to a Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Halifax: The Westin Nova Scotian offers luxury and Four Diamond service in the heart of Halifax.
- Baddeck: Waterfront resort facilities meet Cape Breton’s warm hospitality at The Inverary Resort.
- Charlottetown: The Delta Prince Edward is Charlottetown’s only waterfront hotel, just steps away from charming shops and restaurants.
- Saint John: The Hilton Saint John offers a prime location on the harbourfront of New Brunswick’s largest city.
- Digby: Overlooking the Bay of Fundy, Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is the perfect location for exciting activities, or the utmost in relaxation.
Top Rated Highlights
- Halifax: Discover its highlights on a morning sightseeing tour; Visit the picturesque village of Peggy’s Cove.
- Baddeck: Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt making demonstration at The Gaelic College.
- Cape Breton: Attend an evening of traditional local music and song at the Celtic Evening of Smiles.
- Prince Edward Island: Cross one of the longest bridges in the world, the 9-mile-long Confederation Bridge.
- Cavendish: Explore the National Park and visit the Green Gables farm house that inspired the beloved children’s classic, ‘Anne of Green Gables’.
- Bay of Fundy: Embark on a whale watching cruise (weather permitting) to potentially spot rare species of whale and learn about these majestic sea mammals.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Halifax.
Historic Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove.
Sightseeing and Relaxation in Halifax.
Cape Breton Island and Blooming Baddeck.
The Natural Beauty of the Cabot Trail.
Baddeck and Charlottetown.
Leisure Time in Charlottetown.
The Tides of Hopewell Rocks.
Loyalist Saint John to Digby.
Delightful Digby and Annapolis Royal.